Page Buttons

Home About Me Food Sponsor Blog Love

Friday, March 1, 2013

Nashville Food Friday: Wild Cow Vegetarian Restaurant

The WIld Cow Vegetarian Restaurant located in Nashville Tennessee
This post will be slightly different than my regular Food Friday posts. There will be no bone marrow, no fat and no cavewoman eating. This is because The Wild Cow is a vegetarian establishment. And I know what you're thinking, "I thought Boots ate exclusively meat." And folks, you would be wrong. There is only so much pork I can squeeze into my colon before my body cries "ENOUGH" and demands that I eat a salad. The Wild Cow is conveniently located in East Nashville and is the perfect answer to a night of not wanting meat.
The WIld Cow Vegetarian Restaurant located in Nashville Tennessee
The Wild Cow is small and usually pretty crowded. I'm personally not a fan of the paint color or the rock wall decor, but hey, it has no bearing on the food. The staff is young, hip and friendly (I always love what they are wearing). Steve and I come to this place pretty often, so here is a round up of some of my favorite goodies off the menu.
Far Eastland Bowl at The WIld Cow Vegetarian Restaurant located in Nashville Tennessee
My personal favorite is the Far Eastland bowl. It's their take on Thai satay. It's a mixture of grilled tofu, kale, carrot slaw in a peanut sauce served over brown rice. I have never met a peanut sauce I didn't like and honestly, their tofu is pretty near perfect. It's just firm enough with a nice brown grill layer with all the flavor.
Veggie quinoa Bowl at The WIld Cow Vegetarian Restaurant located in Nashville Tennessee
This is the Veggie Quinoa bowl, the Far Eastland bowl's younger sister. Seasonal roasted veggies are served on top of quinoa with your choice of tempeh or tofu and covered in garlic aioli. I usually pick the tofu because I have never been a tempeh fan, even if it's done right. This is a good option if  you want to order something that isn't the Far Eastland bowl but don't want to venture THAT far outside your comfort zone.
Taco Salad at The WIld Cow Vegetarian Restaurant located in Nashville Tennessee
The Wild Cow has some nice vegetarian Mexican options. Their taco salad is pretty amazing, especially when you add the fajita seitan. This salad is REALLY big and that normally means leftovers for me. It is piled high with lettuce, rice, black beans, tortilla chips, homemade salsa and vegan sour cream. This is honestly one of my favorite salads in all of Nashville.
Tacos at The WIld Cow Vegetarian Restaurant located in Nashville Tennessee
Another one of their Mexican offerings is their sweet potato and black bean tacos. I usually add avocado and vegan sour cream to these. They are pretty tasty and quite filling. This dish comes with your choice of side and I always enjoy their chickpea salad in all it's creamy vegan glory.

If you travel to Nashville and you don't eat meat- The Wild Cow will be on your itinerary, trust me.
The Wild Cow on Urbanspoon

10 comments:

  1. I do love this place. The Prince Fielder is also a great choice. And also, I love the chickpea salad so much I've recreated it at home (non-vegan with greek yogurt). YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can I have your recipe for the chickpea salad?! Please :)

      Delete
  2. I have always wanted to try this place even though I am quite carnivorous...however my boyfriend doesn't eat veggies (barely at all) unless he is being tricked so I know he'd never go. We should go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm happy to go with you. This place sounds like your ginger's worst nightmare.

      Delete
  3. I like the quinoa tacos! But I also really like Silly Goose, the restaurant around the corner. . . and Jenni's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silly Goose is one of my favorite places in town. I guess it is a lot of other people's favorite place as well because I hate waiting forever just to get a table!

      Delete
  4. Matthew and I were JUST TALKING ABOUT GOING THERE THIS WEEKEND. And look! You've already done all the scouting for us! I really, really want to try those tacos and that satay dish. Ohhh, it all looks so good, really. Thanks for the heads up on some menu winners! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. their taco salad is HUGE! It takes me a few tried to get through it! i love their vegan queso. I've never tried the eastland bowl, I'll have to next time we go in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never had the vegan queso. I don't even know what that could taste like- but I might have to try that next time!

      Delete

Blogging tips